Hattember- A Challenge To Remember!
It’s time to challenge up! Create something magical this September with the Hattember competition at Hatters Millinery Supplies! Using your imagination – and Hatters Millinery Supplies materials – create a hat, headpiece or artistic accessory that will blow us away!
We are changing the way we run Hattember this year to give you a chance to use your creative skills and create your own hat and to win some amazing prizes for your creativity.
We will still be raising funds for the John Skipper Kelly Fund as both a percentage of your registration and a percentage of the sale of the hats will go towards the fund.
Category 1: Headpiece
In this category, entrants are required to create a hat, headpiece or fascinator.
You will be sent a bag of materials to create your competition entry. You must use (but not necessarily all of) every item in the bag – You may use up to 3 other elements to create your design.
Judges will determine the winner of the headpiece award by –
- Original Design
- Wearability (where applicable)
- Quality Workmanship
Size should be made to fit a head fit of 22.5 inches or 57cm.
Category 2: Artisan Award
In this category, you are required to create a piece from the provided bag of Hatters Millinery Supplies Materials. This can be Wearable art, display art or a fashion accessory other than millinery that uses the materials in a unique and creative manner. As the items will be displayed in the Embellish Atelier shopfront, entries should be no bigger than 60 x 60 cm. Surprise us with your innovation to create items with our very beautiful high quality traditional millinery products.
Judges will determine the winner of the Artisan award by –
- Creative use of materials
- Aesthetic Sensibility
- Quality Workmanship
Registration and Payment:
Cost: $100 – Included in this price is a set bag of millinery materials that have been curated especially for the competition. You will be required to use these materials to create your hat, headpiece, or art piece.
Registration and Payment to be received at Hatters Millinery supplies by 30th June 2018.
Registration forms can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payments are to be made through the Hatters Millinery Supplies website:
- Head to the Hattember Challenge Page under “Online Store”
- Add to cart (up to two entries per entrant)
- Enter contact and shipping details
- Process Payment – Payment can be received via Credit card, PayPal or Direct Deposit. Please note that for Direct Deposit, payment needs to be received into our account by the 2nd of July or your entry will be deemed invalid. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for a bank deposit to show up in our account.
Competition materials will be sent out collectively on July 2nd in an attempt to keep a fair playing field.
Submission & Exhibition:
When your entry is complete and ready to submit, please ensure that it is well packaged and protected before sending.
All entries must be sent or delivered to this address by Monday 20th August:
Hatters Millinery Supplies
128 Victoria Rd
Rozelle NSW 2039
Entrants are required to fill out a submission form for each entry, which should include an artist statement and artist bio as well as a list of materials used.
Postage is at the entrants cost. Competitors may choose to include a return label along with their entry for the conclusion of the competition. Otherwise, entries will be returned via Standard Post via prior arrangement (at own cost).
Hats, accessories, and art pieces will be displayed at Embellish Atelier for the month of September. There will be an Opening night exhibition on the 1st of September at Embellish Atelier where all entrants are invited to come and enjoy a night of celebration of all the beautiful work that has been created.
The top 10 entries will also be sketched by talented artist Meg Nicholson and placed on to a signature #Hattember merchandised tea towel on pure linen.
Sale Of Goods:
There will also be an opportunity to sell your pieces as a part of the event.
Commission on Sale of items will be 50%. If you wish to sell your piece, please include the retail price on the registration form.
20% of all profit will be donated to the John Skipper Kelly Fund sponsoring scholarships and opportunities for Youth for social purpose.
Terms and Conditions:
- Competition is open to all milliners, artisans and fashion accessory designers.
- Competition is open internationally, with all postage costs incurred at the entrants own cost
- Haberdashery items such as thread are not included as an element of design and will not count towards your extra 3 materials
- All items included in the bag need not be used in their entirety, but should each be used in some form
- Competitors may submit up to two pieces per category, but will be required to purchase a bag of materials for each entry (each entry will cost $100)
- Submission forms will need to be completed for each piece entered into the competition and should clearly state the name of the piece and which category it is being entered into
- Entries should not contain a maker’s mark or label to keep judging fair
- To keep the competition both fair and surprising for both entrants and judges, we require that no photos, videos, or illustrations be published of submissions until all submissions have been received on Monday 20th August
- All entries should be well packaged when sending
- The judges’ decision is final
$500 Hatters Millinery Supplies voucher
A 2-week millinery internship at Embellish Atelier
A Subscription to Ladies in Racing Magazine
Finalists will be announced via _____________ on Monday 27th August at 12pm. The Winners will then be announced at the event on September 1st.
The items will be held and displayed at our beautiful shop Embellish Atelier for the 30 days of September.